Brown snake bite kills man trying to protect pet dog

In an unfortunate circumstance a man passed away less than an hour after being bitten by a brown snake while trying to protect his pet dog in north-west New South Wales.

He went to investigate his small dog barking and found the dog to have a small brown snake in his mouth.

In an attempt to try and separate the dog from the snake he was bitten on the finger.

A family member took the man to a hospital in Tamworth but he died within an hour.

Some anti-venom and attempts to resuscitate were applied but unfortunately he died in hospital.

Comments are closed.